Here we provide some current or possible cDatabase usage scenarios. You are welcome to provide your own optimization scenario:
- Find good optimization cases for a given program (dataset or on average) architecture, OS
- Find default optimization flags/parameters for a given compiler for a given architecture and OS
- Find good architecture configuration for a given program (and a dataset or on average)
- Predict good optimizations for a program on-fly (during compilation) - important for whole Linux or other OS optimization; dynamic recompilation in mobile systems, cloud computing, etc ...
- Find illegal combinations of optimizations for a given program, dataset, architecture, OS (to test the system)
- Share, rank and reference optimization cases to improve the quality of academic research and enable collaborative, replicable and referenced experiments and results.
- Find a good balance between performance, code size and compilation time when optimizing large applications or the whole Linux